I recently tried upgrading FS for one of my customer’s tenant but couldn’t see an option to upgrade to the latest 8.x from the administrative portal.
Asked the same question to the product team and gladly they shared the process customers can follow to do this.
To Opt-in please perform the following steps:
- Access the Dynamics Insider Portal here: http://experience.dynamics.com/insider
- Log in with your Insider credentials.
- On the Insider home page, search for a program with the name “Opt-in to Upgrade Project and Field Service – Unified Interface.”
- Click that program link in the search results and choose to “Join Now” in the page that opens. This will add you as a participant to the program.
- On the program page, access the link provided to sign up: “Signup Link to opt-in for the latest Field & Project Service UCI Release (GA)”
- The link will open a simple questionnaire and one of the questions is the instance URL; please provide the URL of the instance.
- Microsoft will receive the details you provide and, within a few days, will enable the install or upgrade of the latest versions of Field and Project Service on the instance that you provided. Once enabled, you will receive a confirmation email from Microsoft.
- Once you receive the email, you can access your Dynamics 365 Admin portal to install or upgrade Field Service and/or Project Service Automation on the enabled instance.
- For any questions and discussion on the functionality, please use the Forum on the program page. Use the Microsoft Support process to log any issues/bugs.
- If the identified instance has both Field and Project Service installed, please plan to upgrade both solutions before resuming normal use of the instance.
- For a smooth install experience, please make sure that the identified instance meets all the prerequisites listed on the Insider Program page.
- These releases of Field and Project Service will only be available for install or upgrade on the identified instances. They will not show up for any other orgs, even if they are on the same tenant.