A very basic Field service use case is that bookings should show as appointments in MS outlook so that users can keep track of bookings and other office tasks in one single view.
Fortunately this is configurable in D365 FS, however there are few prerequisites:
- Dynamics 365 Field Service licenses
- Office 365 Enterprise E3 licenses
Here are the steps to enable synchronization of bookings with User’s calendar:
18.104.22.168 To be done by Dynamics 365 Administrator
- From the main menu, click Settings -> Administration.
- Click System Settings -> Synchronization.
- Under Select whether to enable syncing of resource booking with, check the Synchronize resource booking with Outlook.
22.214.171.124 To be done by each User(Bookable Resource)
- Click the Settings button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click Options and then Synchronization tab.
- Under Resource booking sync with Outlook, check the Synchronization resource booking with Outlook.